New Site 2020-21 Application
Have you heard about MECK Pre-K, Mecklenburg County’s free, quality pre-kindergarten program?
Are you interested in having a MECK Pre-K classroom at your child care center for the 2020-21 school year?
This is the third year of Mecklenburg County’s six-year plan to expand pre-kindergarten to reach all four-year-old children in the County. It is an incredible opportunity to serve children who may not otherwise have an early learning opportunity and to prepare children for kindergarten and school success.
We are now accepting MECK Pre-K New Site Applications from all licensed child care centers in Mecklenburg County for the Fall 2020-2021 school year. Here’s how the process works:
- Provider Applications are available here.
- Two completed applications are due by Friday, April 3rd, no later than 1 p.m.
- Two applications must be delivered to the MECK Pre-K office by the April 3, 2020 deadline.
- MECK Pre-K is located in the Children and Family Services Center at 601 E. 5th Street, Suite 200.
- Please note that to be considered for a MECK Pre-K location , your site must have a four- or five-star rated license by June 12, 2020.