How to Apply
for MECK Pre-K
Apply online by visiting MeckPreK.org on a computer, tablet or smartphone. You can search for and select your preferred locations in the application. If you are unable to apply online, email info@MECKPreK.org or call 704-943-9585 to schedule an appointment to apply in person.
MECK Pre-K requires certain documents to verify that your child is eligible. You can securely upload these to the online application. Your application will not be considered complete until you have provided all the required documentation.
Check Your Email
You will receive an email or letter notifying you that your child is officially accepted into MECK Pre-K! Be sure to share the news by posting on social media and tagging @MeckPreK!
Is your child not quite old enough for MECK Pre-K?
Your child could be a Future MECK Pre-K Student!
to be notified when registration opens for your child’s age group.
To apply for MECK Pre-K, your child must be four years old on or before August 31 of that school year and live in Mecklenburg County.
An email address is required.
What You Need to Apply
for MECK Pre-K
Proof of Child’s Age and Legal Name
Document must have the child’s legal name and birth date, such as on a birth certificate or passport. Additional accepted documents can be found on our Enrollment Page or by calling the MECK Pre-K office at 704-943-9585.
Proof of Parent Identity
Any form of government or state photo identification State-issued driver’s license or ID card Passport or passport card.
Current Proof of Mecklenburg County Residency
Please provide one of the following. The name on the document must match the name of the parent submitting the application and must contain a Mecklenburg County address.
- Any one utility bill or work order dated within the past 30 days, including: gas, water, electric, telephone, or cable.
- Dated within the past 30 days: payroll stub, bank statement or credit card statement.
- Current vehicle registration.
- Copy of residential lease.
- HUD closing statement.
- Any official mail with current address.
- Dated within the past year: vehicle tax bill, property tax bill, w-2, or medicaid card.
- Copy of residential deed or record of most recent residential mortgage statement.
- Notarized residency affidavit (download here) and a copy of mortgage statement, deed, or lease from homeowner/leaseholder affirming tenancy.
- If your child has a diagnosed chronic health or developmental issue you will be asked to provide related documentation so your child can be fully served.
- Immunization records and a recent physical (within one year) are due within 30 days of starting school.
Please make sure that all documents are clear enough to read.
Applications and Documents can be easily submitted through our online application. If you are unable to apply online, you can submit your documents and completed application by:
Email as an attachment: info@MeckPreK.org
Take a photo with your phone and email: info@MeckPreK.org
Mail: MECK Pre-K 601 E. 5th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202
In person: Please call (704) 943-9585 to make an appointment.
Once we have received your completed application and documents, we will contact you about next steps. We look forward to welcoming your child to MECK Pre-K this fall!
These documents are required by the 30th day of school
• Current Immunization Record
• Health Assessments within one year for all students
If you have questions
You may contact MECK Pre-K by email at info@MeckPrek.org or call (704) 943-9585. Please leave a slow, detailed message, including your child’s name and your email address, and we will be sure to respond.
Once your child is enrolled
We encourage you to follow us on social media and tell your friends and neighbors!
MECK Pre-K Contact Information
601 E. 5th Street, Suite 200
Charlotte, NC 28202
Printable MECK Pre-K Handouts and Graphics
Need Help? Have Questions?
We are here for you.
We are here to help.